Tuesday, June 2, 2015

2015 garden happening

Alliums are beautiful! Genie's Alliums 🌞
 Moved the pop up onto the deck.  I am thinking of growing Wisteria onto the frame and removing the canopy...maybe cover the aluminum poles with wood to give it more support and more rustic feel? I like the metal supports and think Wisteria would fill in well.  I am thinking of growing the Wisteria on the patch of dirt between the bottom entrance and the deck?  I think the deck will support the weight of the Wisteria and I could prune it over time.  The one over the garden entrance is a monster!!  I am weary of ants... Do not wants grapes falling onto it either.  

This was Cari 's Mother's Day gift to me 😀

This is the climbing rose Joseph's Coat!  I hope it flowers as beautiful as in all the pictures online.  I will post a picture of what it looks like in full bloom.

 the Bistro set!  Problem is it sinks into the dirt.  I need to remove the grass in this section but it is so hard to do!  I think I may need to move that bed over some and have more room for Bistro area.  I will post a picture of the Wisteria... It is growing hysterically into a giant canopy over this entry way.

I also bought giant planter for front of house.  I bought an actual pagoda! I made my pot bench!  Pictures to come soon.  

I filled in the back bed but it is still not straight because of the slope.  The little trees are getting big and so green. Luckily none have died! 

I planted apple and cherry tree but they were dormant and really look like dead twigs!

I took my first gardening class and learned about tuberous begonias and geranium care over winter. Will try this coming winter.

I am planning a new bed on North side... Really like catmint since I think I am allergic to Lavendar plants that I bought!
 
The roses are starting to bloom even on the new arbor!  I am happy about that.  I need another trellis for the ketchup and mustard rose.  Will post pictures soon.